So you want to send me a package, there are a few things you should know first:
- It’s expensive
- If you keep it under 4 lbs and in a soft mailer its cheaper
- It’s also cheaper if you send things in “flat rate” boxes
- It will take about a month (maybe longer, maybe never) for me to receive something
- I have to pay to pick up packages, so make it worth my precious volunteer “salary” 😉
As of August 1st, here is what i would really enjoy from home…
- Starbucks VIA
- tea! (get creative, i love all tea, and i drink it basically every day, sometimes twice a day, in site)
- DARK nailpolish (hides the dirt, makes me feel pretty, the women in my family LOVE when i share!)
If you’re feeling generous (my birthday is coming up!!)-
- Laura Mercier Makeup I did not bring much and i wear it more than i would think)- oil free tinted moisturizer (color nude), matte translucent shine control powder, and/or whatever you think would make me look pretty 😀
- Patagonia underwear and camisoles, size small I wear these basically every day, and handwashing/sundrying is really taking its toll!
What I really want, is something that YOU think I need. Its fun to get things and I love surprises!
The longer I spend in my village the more this will change, and I would love to use this forum to support my village in some way (sending things like toothbrushes, etc.) So as I start to understand the needs of my village and what my role there will be, I will keep you updated!
Thank you so much for supporting me from home. The peace and confidence I have knowing how many are back in America, praying for me and wanting to help in any way is an unmatched blessing here in the developing world.